![]() |
| And looking at bad pictures with shit filters and stupid quotes. |
I recently came across this Facebook page that seems to be run by 12-year olds called, wait for it, "Boyfriends who treat their girlfriends like princesses". I shit you not. And all it seems to be is photo after photo of shitty Instagram stock pictures with some generic, baseless quote about love on it. And women read them and go, "OMG SO TRUE" and then they share it on their own page while singing "I Will Survive" to themselves. Or Taydolf Switler songs. I'm not sure.
![]() |
| I edited this one for accuracy. |
My question is this: really? Why do you need to read this high-school rhetoric and then take is as gospel for relationships? People hook up and break up every day, that doesn't make us tragic heroines in our own Nicolas Sparks novel. Stop wearing your heart out on your sleeve and then wondering why it's so easy for people to rip it off and tear it to pieces. Life isn't a romantic comedy. Get over it.
My mom has always said that it's better to be alone than in bad company. And I firmly believe that, having been in both. Being alone is nothing to be afraid of. People feel loneliness because they willfully disconnect themselves from others and as long as that disconnect remains, the loneliness won't change, even when they are surrounded.
Will you meet that special someone one day that will accept you in all your messy hair, burpy, sometimes my legs are hairy glory? Sure. But in the meantime, you have complete freedom to do what you want, when you want, with whomever you want, and not worry that your boyfriend or girlfriend is unhappy with you for drinking those last two Jack and Cokes.
My point is this, single people: own it. Being single doesn't mean you are incomplete somehow. Happiness can be a solo endeavor, a partner in crime is just a bonus. More importantly, have that same love and respect for yourself that you would give to a significant other, because at the end of the day, every single being on this planet is worthy of love, but that has to start from within. You can't build a solid house if the foundation sucks.
Love or love not. There is no try.
![]() |
| And in the meantime, At least these (mostly) dead dictators think you're nifty. |



Dude I totally used the roses are red one and posted on Steve facebook. HAHAHAHA!!! That one is my favorite!!!!
ReplyDeleteJose told me about these and I found them later. Hilarious.
DeleteYou are SO right about the Nutella! I love your posts:-)
ReplyDeleteI'm always so sad when we throw the jar away and there are still those remnants left. :P
DeleteDude that's what your fingers are for. EAT THAT NUTELLA.
Delete